7600 Northwest Barry Road, Kansas City, MO 64153
PHONE (816) 741-5118
Sunday School Times (Children, Youth, Adult)
- Toddlers (ages 2-3): Room # 4
- Preschool (ages 3-4): Room # 5
- Pre-Kdg (ages 4-5): Room # 3
Rotation Sunday School:
Children in kindergarten through 4th grade participate in Rotation Sunday School. The children are divided into classes by age, and each week the classes “rotate” or ‘travel” with their Travel Guides to a different workshop to experience the Bible story in a different learning environment.
These workshops include Cornergate Cinema (movie), Canaan Café (cooking), Input Inn (computers), Athens’ Arena (games), Noah’s Art Studio (art) and Mystery Workshop (what will it be this month?).
Please see this Sunday's bulletin for the locations of the rotation Sunday School classes or click here.
We also have KFC (Kids For Christ), a class for our fifth and sixth graders and they meet in the Chapel.
Frequently Asked Question
When does Sunday School begin? And end?
- Children ages 2-5 can be taken directly to their classroom and signed in at 9:45.
- Older children (Kdg-5th grade) meet their Travel Guides outside the sanctuary at approximately 9:45, following Children’s Time in the 9:15 worship service. The Travel Guides lead the children to the Old Sanctuary for opening time, and then on to their scheduled workshop for that week.
- Sixth graders also meet their teacher outside the sanctuary at 9:45.
- All children are encouraged to attend the beginning of the service with their parents.
- All Sunday School classes end at 10:45.
Where do I pick up my child?
- The monthly rotation schedule can be found on the bulletin board in the CE wing. The schedule and room assignments for all ages and classes are also printed in the worship bulletin each week.
What’s the difference between a travel guide and a workshop teacher?
- Each class in Rotation Sunday School is assigned two Travel Guides, two adults who alternate “traveling” with that class to a different workshop each week. The Travel Guides do not prepare or teach the lessons, but develop relationships with the children in their class.
- Workshop teachers teach in one workshop for the duration of each Bible story, which usually lasts one month. They teach the same lesson each week to a different age group, adapting the lesson as necessary.
7th & 8th Grade (SOS) meets at 9:45 a.m. in Genesis House
9th - 12th Grade (TAG) meets at 9:45 a.m. in Genesis House
Sunday School: Both groups meet separately in Genesis House from 9:45-10:45 on Sunday mornings year round. This is a time for Bible Study and discussion with the youth. The curriculum is based on seven checkpoints that we want the youth to wrestle with and have a good foundation in before they graduate.
7 Checkpoints: Authentic Faith (Proverbs 3:5-6), Spiritual Disciplines (Romans 12:2), Moral Boundaries (1 Thessalonians 4:3-8), Healthy Friendships (Proverbs 13:20), Wise Choices (Ephesians 5:15-17), Ultimate Authority (Romans 13:1-2), Others First (Philippians 2:3-11)
We currently offer two Sunday morning classes for adults. We hope you will take the time to be a part of this educational ministry and grow in your faith while building relationships with others in your church family. It doesn't matter which worship service you attend, there will be an educational opportunity for you!
Current Class Offerings:
8:45-9:45 a.m. Gospel of John
9:45-10:45 a.m. Introduction to the Bible